I am not kidding. These things are decadent. I recently posted on powdered peanut butter and promised a recipe to follow. Behold, deliciousness made from dehydrated peanuts and a few other clean ingredients! As always, this recipe is gluten free!
The recipe makes 4 bites. I had two after lunch…they took care of my sweet tooth. I found the recipe on Betty Lou’s Inc.’s website and made a few modifications. The chocolate chunk was my touch. It’s not dessert unless there is chocolate. My philosophy: without chocolate, it’s breakfast.
Makes about 4 bites
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp Organic Powdered Peanut Butter
- 3 Tbsp gluten free quick rolled oats (I used Trader Joe’s)
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp water
- ½ Tbsp organic honey
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 4 pieces of dark chocolate
- Mix Organic Powdered Peanut Butter and oats together in a small bowl.
- Add water, agave, and coconut oil and mix until well blended and consistency is like cookie dough.
- Roll into small balls.
- Chill for about 15 minutes to firm up, or eat immediately for softer truffles.
- Store in the refrigerator.
This takes about 5 minutes to whip up (dangerous). I think I will be making these until I kill my jar of powder. I ate them before refrigeration when they were soft and creamy like a peanut butter truffle. I am not very patient when a sweet tooth strikes. Ask anyone who has ever eaten a meal with me, 30 seconds after my last bite I am hankering for chocolate.