Everywhere I look I see delicious fall recipes. I would love to crank out an elaborate seasonal feast every night, but with my funky work schedule I like to have dinner ready when I get home. My last client usually ends around or after dinner time so it can be a pain to come home and prepare food. The crock pot is truly the answer to this dilemma. This recipe is gluten free, delicious and only takes 10 minutes of prep.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 pound of organic skinless chicken breasts
- Half of an onion
- 1 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- Peel and chop sweet potatoes
- Slice chicken into one inch cubes
- Place chicken and sweet potatoes in crock pot and season with salt and pepper
- Mix onion, apple sauce, apple cider vinegar, cumin and garlic in a small bowl
- Place mixture on top of chicken and sweet potatoes, cover and cook for 6 hours on low
I have eaten this dish a few ways. On the first night I ate the dish alone. On the second day I mixed with red quinoa and on the third day I served alongside sauteed kale and brussel sprouts. It’s tasty, filling and delicious as a leftover. I found the original recipe via Stock Pilling Moms and look forward to trying more of their slow cooker recipes!