I don’t know much about blogging, but I do love to do it! So I was excited when Jen from the blog Burpees for Breakfast nominated me for a Liebster Award. Thanks to Jen, I now know a Liebster Award is…
An award from bloggers to bloggers with smaller followings in order to get his or her name out there.
So here is how it works once you have been nominated:
- Answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you
- Select 10 blogs with a small following to nominate for the award
- Create 10 questions for your nominees
- Link back to your nominator
- Inform each of your nominees of your nomination
So Here are the 10 questions Jen asked me, along with my responses:
1. What are you eating (and watching) right now?
I am eating one of my “yogurt jars” for breakfast. It’s my go to breakfast. I make a few jars in the beginning of the week that I can grab on the go. It consists of: 1 banana, 1 small peach, ¾ cup of plain FAGE yogurt, 1 tbsp of chia seeds and 1 tbsp of raisins. I wish I was watching the latest episode of Ladies of London on my DVR, but unfortunately I am at work.
2. Favorite pre and post workout meal?
I have a sensitive stomach/gut issues so I cannot eat within 2 hours of exercising. So if I work out in the morning I operate on empty. Which is terrible, but it’s my reality. I try and plan my workouts so a meal falls right after I sweat, but on days where I lift weights I have a protein shake. I use Warrior Whey chocolate protein powder. If I have the time I blend the powder with almond milk and a frozen banana.
3. You wake up for a workout and you are NOT motivated. what do you do?
I just roll out of bed and put on my workout clothes. With my busy schedule, it’s crucial for me to follow the workout schedule I planned for the week. If I am unusually sore I will opt for a long yoga session. I use Yoga Download so I can do my workouts last minute at home. If I am really behind on sleep I will pick sleeping over working out the night before so I can sleep soundly without hitting snooze. It’s really important for me to get 7-8 hours of sleep. Otherwise, my workout will suck and it will just be a setback in my fitness routine.
4. What’s your current girl power jam? (i’m DIGGING meghan trainor ‘all about the bass‘)
Dancing On My Own by Robyn. It’s been my jam since the first episode of GIRLS….
5. What has been the best part of your summer, so far?
All the parts. I kicked off the summer with my best friends in Las Vegas. It was my first time visiting and it was such an amazing weekend. I am also fortunate enough to have a friend in Nantucket and I was able to visit for a long weekend at the end of June followed by an amazing 4th of July weekend at my family beach house.
6. Because i’m thinking of waffles…favorite type of waffles, pancakes, and ‘dessert’ bread (like banana or zucchini)?
In the morning I like eggs, yogurt, fruit and nuts. I like to have healthy fats and protein to keep me full and satisfied until lunch. I don’t like waffles, pancakes and I have never been a big breakfast bread or muffin person. Again, I am a weirdo. Growing up my mom would always make waffles and pancakes from scratch in the mornings. They made me so nauseous, and I hated breakfast all together. I would spend my bus ride trying not to barf. I think this is because I was unaware of my gluten allergy, and breakfast is typically loaded with the worst kind of gluten.
7. Favorite type of workout and place to workout?
It all depends on the weather for me. On a cold day (30 to 45 degrees is ideal) I love the long hilly run on my parent’s country roads. I also love to run in new places. I am notorious for getting lost in foreign countries. When I lived in France I ran on the coast of the Mediterranean everyday and it was divine. When it’s too hot to trot outside (or a blizzard) I get my high from an intense HIIT workout with kettlebells or plyometric training. Yoga has really taught me how to balance hard work with healing practice; it has saved me from so many injuries. I love to practice in a studio but my schedule keeps me working individually at home. I don’t love strength training yet. It’s hard for me to enjoy a workout where I don’t have a consistently high heart rate, but I am learning to love the benefits.
8. How many times have you gone into target and walked out without purchasing anything?
9. If you could create your own Starbucks drink and name it, what would you create?
I love the classics. Americanos, Iced Coffee and Green Tea are my go to drinks. It would be nice to add some protein powder or chia to a light coffee frappe. We could call it the Fit Frappe.
10. Who is your inspiration and why?
Ma! She has taught me so much about being a balanced and healthy individual. Before I was born up through my toddler years she was placing first in every 10 K and 10 miler she entered. I grew up trying her workouts, entering races alongside her and watching as she evolved into one of the strongest and most well rounded athletes I know. She is strong, fast, fit and hilarious. Plus, she is not afraid to skip dinner and have a hot fudge sundae, my girl.
11. What would be your Disney ending?
I just want to live a long healthy life and spend as few years in diapers as possible. I also would like to be a mermaid.
Okay enough about me. Here are the blogs I chose to nominate:
My Liebster Questions:
- You are going to be stranded on an deserted island for a year and you are allowed to bring 3 pieces of exercise equipment. What would you bring?
- What is your summer cocktail (or mocktial)?
- What time did you get up this morning?
- Where would you retire?
- Sweet or Salty?
- What was your dream career growing up?
- What is your dream job now?
- What is your favorite sport to watch vs play?
- If you could invite three people, living or dead over for a party, who would they be?
- If someones underwear is showing would you tell them?